phpShort is an advanced URL Shortener Platform, that allows you to easily shorten links, target your audience based on their location or platform, and provide analytics insights for the shortened links.
Creating and configuring the database:
If you already have an empty database, a database username and password, you can skip the next steps.
- Create a new MySQL database.
- Create a new MySQL username and password.
- Assign full privileges to your database username.
Uploading the files
Upload what’s inside the
Script folder on the web root folder of your domain. This folder is generally called
example.com, but depending on your server’s configuration, it might be named differently.
Configuring the files
Set the access permissions (CHMOD) to
775 to the following files and folders:
Changing the public directory
Configure your web server’s document / web root to point to the
public directory of the software. For example, if you’ve uploaded the software in
example.com folder, your web directory should be changed to
Finishing the installation
- Go to
https://example.com/installand follow the installation wizard.
- Once you’ve installed the software, login into your account, and go to
- You’ll be asked to activate your License Key.
- Make a backup of the
.envconfig file located on your server.
- Upload and replace all the files on your server with what’s inside the
- Restore your
.envconfig file on your server.
- Go to
https://example.com/updateand follow the update wizard.1